Belgium: Deadline Extension for VAT Payers
Belgium announced an extension for filing VAT returns and European Sales Listing.
The following deadlines are now applicable:
- Monthly VAT Return (June 2022) and quarterly VAT Return (Q2 2022) and June 2022 ESL must be submitted no later than 10 August 2022; and
- Monthly VAT Return (July 2022) and July 2022 ESL must be submitted no later than 9 September 2022.
For businesses in a refund position:
- Monthly VAT return (June 2022) must be submitted no later than 22 July 2022; and
- Monthly VAT return (July 2022) must be submitted no later than 24 August 2022.
The deadlines mentioned above do not apply to:
- OSS filings;
- Taxpayers licensed for monthly refunds; and
- Starters with a quick refund mechanism.
Please note, that the payment deadlines have not changed and the below applies:
- June 2022 VAT return and Q2 2022 VAT return – payment must be received no later than 20 July 2022; and
- July 2022 VAT return – payment must be received no later than 22 August 2022.
Stay Up to Date
Each month we feature the latest news trends and topics covered by our TBI experts. For more regular news and regulatory updates follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter.
Work with real VAT experts
With over 25 years of experience in the area of VAT compliance and consultancy, we handle all countries and languages where VAT obligations exist. We have a dedicated & centralized team of VAT experts, with a reputation of excellence within all global tax offices ready to speak to you about your VAT obligations.
For over 25 years Taxback International has been a world leader in VAT consultancy and compliance providing expert support to more than 12,000 global clients including Apple, Google, IBM, and Twitter.
With increasing digitalization of global tax processes, we have developed tailored technology solutions to solve challenges facing companies today.
- Comply – End-to-end VAT compliance platform.
- TBI Pay – Streamlined cross-border payments technology.
- VAT Connect – Cloud-based, automated review of transactional data and images via AI and Machine Learning for Domestic and Foreign VAT Reclaim.