GST changes for India
18th November 2019: The Indian GST Council has announced a reduction in the GST rate on hotel accommodation.
The Indian GST Council has announced a reduction in the GST rate on hotel accommodation.
Up until now, the below rates were in existence:
- GST rate for room tariffs under INR 7,500 was 18%
- GST rate for room tariffs over INR 7,500 was 28%
As of October 1st 2019, these rates have been changed:
- GST rate for room tariffs under INR 1,000 is 0%
- GST rate for room tariffs between INR 1,000 and INR 7,500 is now 12%
- GST rate for room tariffs over INR 7,500 is now 18%
It is hoped that this reduction in rates will lead to a boost in tourism.
If you’re looking for more information about GST in India, you can get in touch below
Tel: +86 186 1108 7717
See more Taxback International Articles
India: GST Amendments 1st February 2019
6th February 2019: The Indian Government has made amendments to GST legislations.
Bahrain: General VAT Guide
5% VAT has been launched in Bahrain as of January 1st, 2019. The refund procedure will be similar to the EU.
2019 has already brought many changes in the indirect tax world.
19th June 2019: What are the most important VAT updates from the first half of 2019?