International VAT Rate Round Up: April 2022
April 2022 VAT Changes in Indonesia
From 1 April 2022, the standard VAT rate will increase from 10% to 11%.
April 2022 VAT Changes in Turkey
On 30 March 2022, Turkey announced the VAT rate on certain goods and services has been amended.
The rates that have been amended through Presidential Decision No. 5359. Some of the reductions include:
- The VAT rate for delivering soap, detergent, disinfectants, wet wipes, toilet paper, paper towels, tissue and napkins, toothbrushes and toothpaste will be reduced from 18% to 8%; and
- The VAT rate for food and beverage services that are provided in places that have a first-class restaurant license or an operating certificate, restaurants in hotels that have three stars or higher, holiday villages and similar facilities has been reduced from 18% to 8%.
April 2022 VAT Changes in Ukraine
A reduced VAT rate of 7% will apply to the below during marital law:
- Gasoline, heavy distillates and liquefied gas; and
- Crude oil and oil products obtained from bituminous minerals.
The State Tax Service, STS, announced that the 7% reduced VAT rate applies regardless of when oil and fuel products were purchased, whether this was before or after the reduction in VAT rate.
All businesses that are involved in the retail selling of fuel are obligated to change the VAT rate from 20% to 7%.
International VAT Rate Round Up: March 2022
If you missed last month’s VAT rate announcements or VAT threshold changes, you can catch up now.
Work with real VAT experts
With over 15 years’ experience in the area of VAT compliance and consultancy, we handle all countries and languages where VAT obligations exist. We have a dedicated & centralized team of VAT experts, with a reputation of excellence within all global tax offices ready to speak to you about your VAT obligations.
For over 25 years Taxback International has been a world leader in VAT consultancy and compliance providing expert support to more than 12,000 global clients including Apple, Google, IBM, and Twitter.
With increasing digitalization of global tax processes, we have developed tailored technology solutions to solve challenges facing companies today.
- Comply – End-to-end VAT compliance platform.
- TBI Pay – Streamlined cross-border payments technology.
- VAT Connect – Cloud-based, automated review of transactional data and images via AI and Machine Learning for Domestic and Foreign VAT Reclaim.