International VAT Rate Round Up: June 2022
June 2022 VAT Changes in Bulgaria
The Bulgarian government is proposing a package that will try to relieve some of the burden taxpayers are currently facing:
- A reduced VAT rate of 9% for hot water, heating and natural gas for domestic use;
- A temporary 0% VAT rate for bread;
- An increase to the tax relief for child support; and
- An increase to the VAT registration threshold from BGN 50,000 to BGN 100,000 from 1 January 2023.
This is still in the proposal phase and will need to be submitted to parliament and voted on.
June 2022 VAT Changes in Indonesia
As mentioned in last month’s newsletter, the standard VAT rate has increased from 1 April 2022. From 1 April 2022, the VAT rate has increased from 10% to 11%.
From 1 January 2025, the VAT rate will increase again to 12%.
June 2022 VAT Changes in Ireland
The reduced VAT rate of 9% for tourism and hospitality has been extended until 28 February 2023.
International VAT Rate Round Up: May 2022
If you missed last month’s VAT rate announcements of VAT threshold changes, you can catch up now.
Work with real VAT experts
With over 15 years’ experience in the area of VAT compliance and consultancy, we handle all countries and languages where VAT obligations exist. We have a dedicated & centralized team of VAT experts, with a reputation of excellence within all global tax offices ready to speak to you about your VAT obligations.
For over 25 years Taxback International has been a world leader in VAT consultancy and compliance providing expert support to more than 12,000 global clients including Apple, Google, IBM, and Twitter.
With increasing digitalization of global tax processes, we have developed tailored technology solutions to solve challenges facing companies today.
- Comply – End-to-end VAT compliance platform.
- TBI Pay – Streamlined cross-border payments technology.
- VAT Connect – Cloud-based, automated review of transactional data and images via AI and Machine Learning for Domestic and Foreign VAT Reclaim.