Poland: SLIM VAT 2 package to be introduced on 1 October 2021
As previously discussed, earlier this year Poland adopted a number of changes aimed to simplify VAT compliance for Polish taxpayers (SLIM VAT).
The SLIM VAT 2 package will be introduced on 1 October 2021 and will loosen some of the rules that were introduced with the original SLIM VAT package on 1 January 2021.
Some of the key amendments that will be introduced with SLIM VAT 2 are:
- The possibility to transfer funds between VAT accounts in different banks;
- The use of split payment mechanism for VAT;
- An extension to the submission deadline for the VAT-26 form for vehicles used for business purposes;
- Additional time to take advantage of bad debt relief (from 2 to 3 years); and
- The option to adjust for the importation of goods directly in the return
Stay Up to Date
For over 25 years Taxback International has been a world leader in VAT consultancy and compliance providing expert support to more than 12,000 global clients including Apple, Google, IBM, and Twitter.
With increasing digitalization of global tax processes, we have developed tailored technology solutions to solve challenges facing companies today.