Romanian E-Transport System Details Announced
Romania has plans to introduce an e-transport system to monitor the transport of goods. The Ministry of Finance published a draft ordinance to confirm the details of this system.
The draft ordinance mentioned that the Romanian e-transport system will be made available by the Ministry of Finance and ANAF from 1 April 2022. From 1 July 2022, the use of the e-transport system will be mandatory for the transport of high fiscal risk goods nationally.
The transportation of high fiscal risk goods will need to be declared in the e-transport system a maximum of three calendar days before the transport process begins. The system will then create and issue a unique number (ITU number). This number must be on the transport documents and authorities will verify the information and goods being transported.
The declaration will include the following details:
- The name of the goods being transported;
- The characteristics, quantities and value of the goods being transported;
- Details of the means of transport; and
- The places where loading and unloading will take place
The Ministry of Finance have confirmed a list of high fiscal risk products for use with the e-Factura system. It has not been confirmed if this list will be the same.
The below are included in this change:
- Imports and exports;
- Intra-community acquisitions;
- Intra-community deliveries;
- The transport of goods that are subject to intra-community transactions in transit through Romania;
- Domestic transportation between different economic operators; and
- Domestic transportation between two locations that belong to the same economic operator
If companies do not comply with the e-Transport system, fines will be imposed. These fines will vary from 10,000 to 100,000 Lei.
Stay Up to Date
Each month we feature the latest news trends and topics covered by the Taxback International experts. For monthly news and regulatory updates subscribe to our VAT Newsletter.
Work with real VAT experts
With over 15 years’ experience in the area of VAT compliance and consultancy, we handle all countries and languages where VAT obligations exist. We have a dedicated & centralized team of VAT experts, with a reputation of excellence within all global tax offices ready to speak to you about your VAT obligations.
For over 25 years Taxback International has been a world leader in VAT consultancy and compliance providing expert support to more than 12,000 global clients including Apple, Google, IBM, and Twitter.
With increasing digitalization of global tax processes, we have developed tailored technology solutions to solve challenges facing companies today.
- Comply – End-to-end VAT compliance platform.
- TBI Pay – Streamlined cross-border payments technology.
- VAT Connect – Cloud-based, automated review of transactional data and images via AI and Machine Learning for Domestic and Foreign VAT Reclaim.