Saudi Arabia: Foreign VAT Recovery e-Filing Process
ZATCA (Zakat, Tax and Customs Authority) announced on 1 June 2022 that the initiative of “Cancellation of Fines and Exemption of Penalties” is re-launching as of 1 June 2022 and has a validity of six months.
The end date is 30 November 2022.
As per the “ZATCA” guideline, the penalty reliefs will apply for the following:
- Late Registration in all Tax Systems;
- Late payments;
- Late filing of Tax Returns in all Tax Systems;
- When correcting a VAT Return; and
- When violations with VAT and e-invoicing, are detected during the audit.
The types of taxes that are included in the tax amnesty scheme are the following:
- Withholding Tax;
- Excise Tax;
- Income Tax; and
- Real Estate Transaction Tax (RETT).
The Tax and Customs Authority provides a simple guide on its website that in addition clarifies what are the conditions for benefiting from the reliefs.
Stay Up to Date
Each month we feature the latest news trends and topics covered by the Taxback International experts. For monthly news and regulatory updates subscribe to our VAT Newsletter.
Work with real VAT experts
With over 15 years’ experience in the area of VAT compliance and consultancy, we handle all countries and languages where VAT obligations exist. We have a dedicated & centralized team of VAT experts, with a reputation of excellence within all global tax offices ready to speak to you about your VAT obligations.
For over 25 years Taxback International has been a world leader in VAT consultancy and compliance providing expert support to more than 12,000 global clients including Apple, Google, IBM, and Twitter.
With increasing digitalization of global tax processes, we have developed tailored technology solutions to solve challenges facing companies today.
- Comply – End-to-end VAT compliance platform.
- TBI Pay – Streamlined cross-border payments technology.
- VAT Connect – Cloud-based, automated review of transactional data and images via AI and Machine Learning for Domestic and Foreign VAT Reclaim.